Title (as given to the record by the creator): Things to do on a Rainy day
Date(s) of creation: Issue 3: June 1995
Creator / author / publisher: Max Airborne, FaT GiRL
Physical description: This is a comic strip, scanned from a zine page.
Reference #: FG3-005-RainyDay
Links: [ PDF ]
A comic hand drawn with black ink on white paper. A series of 6 frames mixing drawings and handwritten text.
Things to do on a Rainy day in bubble letters, the words “rainy day” made of water and surrounded by raindrops.
Frame 1. Call bookstores to ask if they carry Fat Girl. [An overhead view of a small desk that has a cup and saucer, a telephone with pushbuttons, and a phone book held open to the pages with BOOGERS and BOOKSTORES. A fat person reaches into the frame, holding the phone receiver with one hand and pushing buttons on the phone with one finger of the other hand.]
Frame 2. Take a hot bath. [A fat person leans back in a clawfoot bathtub, steam rising from the water to meet the wet words “Rainy day” above. On the wall is a towel, and a small shelf containing a rubber duck and some smaller unidentifiable objects. Some water is dripping onto the tile floor from the tub.]
Frame 3. Masturbate. [Looking into an open bedroom window from outside a house. It’s raining and water is dripping steadily from the roof gutter into a bucket on the ground. Inside the window a fat person is on a bed, visible from the neck down. Their legs are spread wide and they are holding a magic wand style vibrator between their legs. Lines show the vibrator is in fact vibrating.]
Frame 4. Bake cookies. [A fat person stands in a kitchen, naked except for hot mitts, holding a spatula in one hand and a tray of cookies in the other. Behind them is a counter with a carton of milk and a plate of cookies. Behind the counter is a window showing rain and lightning.]
Frame 5. Make some art and send it to Fat Girl. [A table viewed from above that has a spiral notebook with a drawing of a fat fist and the word FAT, some pencils, scissors, glue and a row of connected, cut-out paper dolls that are fat people.]
Frame 6. Dance naked in the rain. [Two fat people dance in the rain, both naked, except for rain boots. One has her hair in a curly, fountainous up do. She smiles and moves her arms as water splashes around her feet. The other is tilting their head back, catching raindrops with their open mouth.]
FaT GiRL #3 Pages
- FaT GiRL #3 Cover
- Fat Girl #3 is…
- Things to Do on a Rainy Day
- Lip Service?
- EXTRA! EXTRA!! THOUSANDS OF FAT DYKE VIDEOS AT THE 1995 SF QUEER FILM FEST!
- Fat and Healthy
- The Lesbian Health Guide, a review (mostly)
- Poetry: Three Inches
- Difficult Seductress! Dorothy Allison
- April Miller, Torchsinger
- An Interesting Discovery
- Crystal, Wild Pig of the Desert
- Fat Girls on the Big Island
- No Apologies
- Cowrie review
- Women I’d Like to Meet
- Who’s Fat Anyway? The Other Side of Fat
- Fat & Thin Together
- Fat Girls
- Big Fun
- Survey: What do you dislike about being FAT? What do you like about being Fat?
- Roundtable 3: Racism and Fat Hatred
- Comic: True Tales from Life in the Fat Lane
- Tips For Dating Fat Girls [Ask the Gear Queen]
- Val and Steph
- Breast Plates
- The Kitchen Slut Presents: Breakfast in Bed
- The Adventures of FAT CHICK
- FaT GiRL Sightings
- A word to our “concerned” sisters
- fat, fucked up & fucked over
- Fat Watch
- Comic: Fat Girl Fantasy #66
- The ever-growing bio page
- Personals and Classifieds
- Fat hatred won’t die by itself. It needs help from you.
- FaT GiRL #3 Back Cover