Date(s) of creation: October, 1994
Creator / author / publisher: Selena, FaT GiRL
Physical description: Zine page printed in black and white
Reference #: FG1-012-Poison
Links: [ PDF ]
From FaT GiRL #1, October, 1994
A gray background of a face shadowed with mesh. Black text reads:
The crucial fact is that I was poisoned.
Every time I puked I tried
to retch it up,
each day without eating I knew
I didn’t feed the crawling sickness in my bones.
From the place above my head
where I escaped like dammed water
it was all clear;
with enough blood lost I would be weak enough
to be protected.
My body was forgotten
as poison choked me out of my skull,
blood was real,
blood was creation,
the animation of life in a corpse,
proof of my inhabitance of skin.
If I were a church
my central miracle
would be the reluctance of bones
to release me.
For blood has its own doctrines, and preserved me.
FaT GiRL 1 Pages
- FaT GiRL #1 Cover
- FaT GiRL is
- What’s Inside…
- Survey: Chew On This!
- Photos: Oso & Barbarism
- Stories: Fat Fucking Bitch
- Judy Freespirit – A. Hernandez Talks to One of the Foremothers of Fat Activism
- Poetry: Real Mujeres Have Panzas
- Comics: i was a fat kid
- Culture: Hanky Codes
- Stories: Demon
- Poetry: Poison
- Advice: Hey Fat Chick!
- Stories: Give Me a Microphone
- Comics: Shape Up, Little Sisters!
- Columns we’d like to see
- Recipes: Fat Girl Revenge Cocktail
- Stories: Thank You Note to a Top
- Photos: Heather & Amiee
- Helpful Hint: Hysterical Pregnancy and lnsta-Birthing:
- FaT GiRL Roundtable
- Fat Girl Lives! And a polka
- No Excuses
- Poem by Raquel
- Go Ahead, Try it On
- Advice: Ask the Gear Queen
- Poem by Raquel
- Recycling Hints!
- One Fat Day…
- FaT GiRL Personals
- FaT GiRL issues & reader surveys
- Go for a ride with FaT GiRL
- FaT GiRL #1 Back Cover